Websphere Portal Developer – Newark, NJ
WebsiteTop Notch Staffing
Position: Websphere Portal Developer
- We are currently looking for a WebSphere Portal Developer with Java, J2EE, Spring focus to join IBM core team of engineers and consultants responsible for the design, development, and testing.
- 7+ years relevant work experience in the development, integration, deployment, testing and support of enterprise-level software applications using Java/J2EE technologies
- Experience with WebSphere Portal Framework
- Expertise with themes and skins in WebSphere Portal.
- Expertise in developing Java technology on the IBM WebSphere Portal platform
- Write code for complex system designs. Write programs that span platforms. Code to and/or create Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- Write code mostly for developing new programs
- 7 years of progressive experience in developing applications with J2EE
- Experience in Websphere portal programming or Web Content management / WCM syndication / personalization adhering to JSR 168/268 portal standards.
- Review code developed by other Developers
- Provide input to and drive programming standards
- Write detailed technical specifications for entire systems (made up of several subsystems). Identify integration points. Review technical specs created by other developers. Ensure sufficient quality and compliance of documentation to architectural standards
- Report missing elements found in system and functional requirements and explain impacts on subsystem to team members
- Consult with other Developers, Business Analysts, Systems Analysts and Project Managers
- Serves as lead liaison to vendors as assigned